Carl's Curriculum Vitae
Name: Carl Boorer
Telephone: 07809 702843
Date of Birth: 17th April 1964
Place of Birth: London, England
Citizenship: British Citizen
Marital Status: Married 29 years Children: 3 (2 girls and 1 boy)
Qualifications: OND and HND in Environmental Engineering, Asbestos Awareness, Accredited Certifier, APEL Energy Assessor, Qualified Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting Engineer, Qualified City and Guilds FGas Cat 4 Air Conditioning Engineer. Member of CIBSE, BIFM and IOSH with extensive CPD. Currently undertaking NEBOSH National Diploma. Approved Display Screen Equipment (DSE) Assessor. Approved CDM2015 Project Manager. Accredited British Red Cross First Aider (First Aid at Work). IOSH Risk Assessment Course. CAE Inclusive Environments and Disable Access Course (Access Consultancy). City and Guilds Legionella ACOPS L8 Duty Holder and Responsible Person Accredited.
- Carl’s experience is extremely broad but is flexible enough to deal with anything from the smallest project, through to major redevelopments including extensive multi-site programs with equal attention and enthusiasm. Such experience makes him ideally suited to act in the ‘Informed Client’ role where his insights are of particular importance in the interviewing and appointment of Contractors for both Project and FM Works. That same knowledge makes him invaluable when witnessing commissioning programs in construction projects or advising on regulatory compliance.
- Carl’s experience over a 35-year career has brought him into contact with the entire spectrum of property and building services which enables him to give his Clients balanced and authoritative advice. He has been involved in all aspects of Asset Management, Landlord Works, Owner /Tenant Services including Estates and Facilities Management, Project Consultancy and regularly undertakes pre- acquisition and validation surveys.
- Carl is a team player who encourages a proactive attitude from other team members. This often generates the most cost effective and commercially viable solutions for his Clients and develops long term relationships internally and externally.
- Carl’s business interests have encompassed Landlord focused Facilities Management services to UK based Asset Management Funds, Independent Landlords and Investors where he has also been responsible for the Estates Management on several nationally spread portfolios.
- Carl embraces new technology where ever it can be demonstrated to add value and improve the Client experience. He is receptive to progressive solutions as evidenced by his development of an innovative Web Portal of his own design through which the Tenants of any Investment vehicle can have real time contact with all the key records for their properties from the latest electricity readings through to their insurance documents and base build documentation.
- He has extensive Mechanical and Electrical services experience covering general and specialist air conditioning, ventilation, heating, plumbing, fire alarms, emergency lighting, electrical works, burglar alarms, CCTV, access control, cleaning and security. He is often involved in turn key refurbishment work including churn and plant replacement projects for incumbent Tenants either on a Design and Build or Consultancy only basis. He has the considerable experience necessary to fulfill the CDM Principle Designer role if required.
- Carl’s expertise, Client focused attitude and pursuit of quality benefits Clients by working alongside them to fully inform their choices at each stage and therefore how they can achieve best value for money with ‘total cost of ownership’ in mind. Innovative solutions to his Client’s needs where the Client is making the decisions is a key goal of Carl’s working relationships.
- Carl is not just an Engineer /Consultant /Project Director/Facilities Director he is acutely interested in understanding what a Clients success criteria are and then finding ways to help them achieve them. Fundamental to this is the maintenance of tight cost control for each project so that long term costs don’t dilute a potential investment or develop into expensive dilapidation issues.